Software & Validation (On-Board & Ground) Engineer (M/F) - S&VE-SERV-2017-02-ESTEC-001
Tasks and Responsibilities
The duties will include:
• Project support related to all technical aspects: development and qualification of flight software
• General Support to Software Validation Facilities and Avionics Test Bench infrastructure activities.
Qualifications and Experience
• Master's degree or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering, Space Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline
• Experience with:
o Software engineering and object-oriented programming
o Space systems and Space Systems engineering
o Programming languages: C/C++ and/or others
o Embedded Real Time Systems and Real Time Kernels
o Micro-processors such as SPARC LEON, ARM, multicore’s etc
o Communication protocols (Mil-1553, SpaceWire, CAN)
o Software Engineering tools
o Software Engineering Standards such as the ECSS-E-ST-40C
• Experience with operational software development will be an advantage.
Candidates are also expected to have following skills:
• Ability to cope with pressure
• Ability to synthesise, summarise and draw conclusions
• Fluency in English
• High level of flexibility
• Ability to work in multicultural teams
• Good organization and communication skills
• A proactive approach, with initiative and ability to work independently
• Problem-solving attitude.
What Do We Offer?
• Working in a growing science and engineering company, with offices in Belgium, the Nertherlands and the USA
• A professional, pleasant atmosphere where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged and with various career growth opportunities
• An interesting compensation package with relocation assistance, if applicable
• A full time employment position.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of a European Blue Card.
We are looking for someone to start as of 1st April 2017.
How To Apply?
Please apply by filling in the online application form and uploading your CV and Motivation Letter (both in English) on the ‘Careers’ section of our website http://careers.spaceapplications.com/ via the “Apply” button. The application deadline is 3rd March 2017.