Software Engineers for Mission Control Systems Development (M/F) - (SE-GSS-2017-01-ZAV-001)
Tasks and Responsibilities
The relevant activity for this position is the development of mission control systems for future unmanned and manned spacecrafts. In this activity, the software will be developed in the team according to detailed requirements, while following space related standards.
Together with your colleagues, you will be responsible for the development of the system following the full software development cycle, including the production of high level documentation and while adhering the relevant standards.
Qualifications and Experience
• 2 to 5 years of experience in design and development of software implemented in Java.
• Experience with the software development lifecycle.
• Competent in writing high-quality software project documentation in English.
• Good knowledge of Linux systems as a user and administrator.
o Good understanding of IP networks, firewalls, VPN, PKI, routing.
o Open Source Server environment – OpenLDAP, FTP, Samba.
The following capabilities will be considered as an advantage for the position:
• Experience with Python and Django.
• Knowledge of CCSDS protocols: Packets, CFDP, MO, SLE.
• Knowledge and experience with ECSS E-40 standard.
What Do We Offer?
• Working in a growing science and engineering company, with offices in Belgium, the Nertherlands and the USA
• A professional, pleasant atmosphere where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged and with various career growth opportunities
• An interesting compensation package with relocation assistance, if applicable
• A full time employment position.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of a European Blue Card.
How To Apply?
Please apply by filling in the online application form and uploading your CV and Motivation Letter (both in English) on the ‘Careers’ section of our website http://careers.spaceapplications.com/ via the “Apply” button.