Software Engineer for Spaceflight Payload Development (M/F) - (SoftESPD-SYS-2016-11-ZAV-002)
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Verification of software (unit testing, code review, functional testing);
• Support specification, evaluation and selection of hardware platforms;
• Manage subcontractors for FPGA firmware development;
• Support functional testing at system level.
Qualifications and Experience
• At least 2 years of experience in software engineering.
• Fluent in C, C++, Python, TCL languages.
• Knowledge of real-time operating systems for embedded system (preferred RTEMS).
• Knowledge of embedded development in Linux based environments.
• Knowledge of GNU/Linux operating system internals and system component integration (applications, libraries, drivers, kernel modifications).
• Knowledge of TCP/IP networking (all layers as well as Internet Security mechanisms such as SSL, VPN and Firewall policies).
• Excellent communication skills in English (both spoken and written).
• Experience on payload development for ISS and/or satellite projects
• Experience with embedded systems based on Leon, PowerPC and x86_64 platforms
• Experience with ECSS standards related to software development
• Keen eye for detail.
• Able to work without supervision to ensure that work is completed in due time.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Able to adhere to strict standards of confidentiality.
What Do We Offer?
• Working in a growing science and engineering company, with offices in Belgium, the Nertherlands and the USA
• A professional, pleasant atmosphere where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged and with various career growth opportunities
• An interesting compensation package with relocation assistance, if applicable
• A full time employment position.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of a European Blue Card.