Microwave Instrument System Engineer (M/F) - MISE-SERV-2017-01-ESTEC-001
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Development/acquisition, validation and maintenance of performance assessment tools for various spaceborne microwave instruments encompassing both active (radars) and passive (radiometers) instruments
• Translation of mission/observation requirements to instrument requirements; improvement and maintenance of data processing tools
• Performance Assessment of active and passive microwave instruments during the study phases (0, A) and during project implementation phases (B, C/D)
• Participation in the preparation and monitoring of instrument system and technology predevelopment studies together with industry.
Qualifications and Experience
The candidate should have the following profile:
• A Master Degree or equivalent equivalent qualification in electrical engineering or physics with background in microwave engineering or electromagnetics theory
• A good end-to-end instrument system understanding of microwave radar and/or radiometers
• First experience in instrument system and performance modelling as well as digital signal processing techniques
• General understanding of the modelling of wave interactions with the atmosphere and surface scattering
• Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team within the boundaries of assigned tasks and a stringent schedule
• Practical experience relevant to the tasks described above is an asset
• Good familiarity with programming languages and computer programs such as Python, MatLAB, ADS, Excel.
Candidates are also expected to have following skills:
• Ability to cope with pressure
• Ability to synthesise, summarise and draw conclusions
• Fluency in English
• High level of flexibility
• Ability to work in multicultural teams
• Good organization and communication skills
• A proactive approach, with initiative and ability to work independently
• Problem-solving attitude.
What Do We Offer?
• Working in a growing science and engineering company, with offices in Belgium, the Nertherlands and the USA
• A professional, pleasant atmosphere where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged and with various career growth opportunities
• An interesting compensation package with relocation assistance, if applicable
• A full time employment position.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of a European Blue Card.
We are looking for someone to start as of 3rd March 2017.
How To Apply?
Please apply by filling in the online application form and uploading your CV and Motivation Letter (both in English) on the ‘Careers’ section of our website http://careers.spaceapplications.com/ via the “Apply” button.
The application deadline is 17th February 2017.