Micro-Electronics Engineer (M/F) - MEE-SERV-2016-11-ESTEC-018
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Provision of VLSI (ASIC & FPGA) technical expertise to Projects involving requirements analysis, performance and budgets analysis, writing and assessment of VLSI specifications; review, evaluation and checking of industrial contractor's VLSI designs. Identification of design deficiencies and problem areas and proposals for their solutions
• Design, analysis, verification of VLSI systems for control and data processing applications, and/or signal processing using industrial standard tools, hardware description and programming languages
• Technical and administrative management of the ESA SystemC and synthesizable VHDL IP Core pool of designs (optimisation, update and overall maintenance and of the ESA VHDL IP Cores databases, provision of technical support to ESA IP Cores users)
• Support ASIC and/or FPGA technology developments for R&D and /or projects, supervising that good design practices and manufacturing and test methodologies are applied
• Independent verification (through code inspection, simulation and timing analysis) and validation (through HW tests) will have to be carried out for some ASIC and FPGAS developments
• Support development contracts regarding the above areas, act as the activity technical responsible, maintain interfaces with the prime contractors, participate in progress meetings and reviews, as requested, and provide appropriate feedback on the achieved progress and discussions
• Interface with ESA’s project teams, the prime and lower level contractors, participate in progress meetings and reviews, as requested by project work, and provide appropriate feedback on the achieved progress and discussions.
Qualifications and Experience
• A degree in a relevant field
• Experience in the design of complex microelectronics systems, and familiarity with Industry standard VLSI/ASIC/FPGA CAD tools (e.g. CADENCE, SYNOPSYS, MENTOR, MATLAB, SPW) etc. as well as hardware description languages (VHDL and/or Verilog HDL, SystemC)
• Familiarity with the Space applications of microelectronics, and having knowledge of Space environment and quality requirements will be an important asset, but it is not mandatory
• Experience with using third party Intellectual Property (IP) designs (in VHDL and/or SystemC) is a requirement.
Candidates are expected to have following skills:
• Ability to cope with pressure
• Ability to synthesise, summarise and draw conclusions
• Fluency in English
• High level of flexibility
• Ability to work in multicultural teams
• Good organization and communication skills
• A proactive approach, with initiative and ability to work independently
• Problem-solving attitude.
What Do We Offer?
• Working in a growing science and engineering company, with offices in Belgium, the Nertherlands and the USA
• A professional, pleasant atmosphere where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged and with various career growth opportunities
• An interesting remuneration package with relocation assistance, if applicable
• A full time employment position.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of the European Blue Card.
We are looking for someone to start as of 1st July 2017.
How To Apply?
Please apply by filling in the online application form and uploading your CV and Motivation Letter (both in English) on the ‘Careers’ section of our website http://careers.spaceapplications.com/ via the “Apply” button.