Linux System Administrator (M/F)
Space Applications Services NV/SA performs and supports system and software engineering for the European Space Agency (ESA), National Space Agencies and the aerospace industry. We are involved in international manned & unmanned spacecraft programmes, earth observation, science, exploration, communications and related technology development. We are currently looking for a Linux System Engineer, wishing to join our dynamic and international team. The successful candidate will be based in our office in Brussels (Zaventem).
Tasks and Responsibilities
Support and maintain the IT infrastructure and software applications in a heterogeneous end user environment primarly based on Linux and Open Source.
- Provide IT service desk support to the company staff (all aspects of the user's hardware, software and networking needs, inclusing installation, repair, troubleshooting, inventory, user support and training)
- Manage a heterogeneous IT infrastructure - Linux, FreeBSD, macOS and Windows workstations and servers
- Support a variety of Open Source technologies including XEN, Docker, Zimbra, Samba, Asterisk, OpenZFS, Nagios, OwnCloud
- Maintain the company network infrastructure
- Operate, verify and improve bqckup and disaster recovery procedures
- Provide dedicated on-site support to the IT infrastructure of one of our client (Belgian Space Aeronomy in Ukkel/Uccle - Brussels South).
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong customer/ user-service orientation
- Expertise with Linux
- Familiarity with Windows and MacOS
- Experience working with FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) including Postfix, BIND, ISC, DHCP, NFS, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Appache and NGINX
- Knowledge of TCP/IP network administration/ troubleshooting
- Skills with some scripting language (Bash, Python, PHP, etc...).
Candidates are also expected to have following skills:
- Fluent communication skills in English (both written and oral), with French or Dutch as mother tongue
- Ability to cope with pressure
- Ability to synthesise, summarise and draw conclusions
- High level of flexibility
- Ability to work in multicultural teams
- Good organization and communication skills
- A proactive approach, with initiative and ability to work independently
- Problem-solving attitude.
What Do We Offer?
- Working in a growing science and engineering company, with offices in Belgium, the Nertherlands and the USA
- A professional, pleasant atmosphere where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged and with various career growth opportunities
- An interesting compensation package with relocation assistance, if applicable
- A full time employment position
- Your work will be divided between the company's headquarter in Zaventem (3 days/week) and the office of one of our space-related customers in the south of Brussels (2 days/week).
How To Apply?
Please apply by filling in the online application form and uploading your CV and Motivation Letter (both in English) on the ‘Careers’ section of our website http://careers.spaceapplications.com/ via the “Apply” button.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of a European Blue Card.
The application deadline is 1st September, 2017. Please address you Motivation Letter to: Mr. Rani Pinchuk.
Job ID: JLSA-SYS-GSS-2017-06-ZAV-001
Leuvensesteenweg 325 1932 Zaventem, Belgium
Tel: +32 (0)2 721.54.84 www.spaceapplications.com