Junior Linux System Administrator (M/F) - JLSA-SYS-GSS-2017-02-001
Space Applications Services NV/SA performs and supports system/software engineering for the European Space Agency (ESA), National Space Agencies and the aerospace industry. We are involved in international manned & unmanned space craft programmes, earth observation, science, exploration, communications and related technology development.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Your main responsibility will be:
• To provide IT Service Desk support to the Company staff (all aspects of the users’ hardware, software, and networking needs, including installation, repair, troubleshooting, inventory, user support, and training).
In addition, and after a period of training / mentoring, you will:
• Manage a heterogeneous IT infrastructure - Linux, FreeBSD, macOS and Windows workstations and servers.
• Support a variety of Open Source technologies including XEN, Docker, Zimbra, Samba, Asterisk, OpenZFS, Nagios, ownCloud.
• Maintain the Company network infrastructure.
• Operate, verify and improve backup and disaster recovery procedures.
• Possibly, on a regular base, to provide dedicated on-site support to the IT infrastructure at different locations.
Qualifications and Experience
The applicant should be a highly motivated junior sysadmin with the right dose of enthusiasm and eagerness to learn with a strong affinity with Open Source software and Linux.
The following qualifications and skills are highly recommended:
• Strong customer/user‐service orientation.
• Familiarity with Linux, Windows and MacOS.
• Experience working with FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) including Postfix, BIND, ISC DHCP, NFS, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Apache, NGINX.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP network administration / troubleshooting.
• Skills with some of scripting language (Bash, Python, PHP, etc.).
• Fluent in English (written and oral).
What Do We Offer?
• A challenging and broad mix of user support, system.
• Network administration with a great opportunity to extend your knowledge of Open Source technologies.
• To work in a growing company, with a nice and motivating work environment and where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged.
• Salary and benefits progression based on annual performance.
• A contract of employment for an indefinite period.
How to Apply?
Please apply by filling in the online application form and uploading your CV and Motivation Letter (both in English) on the ‘Careers’ section of our website http://careers.spaceapplications.com/ via the “Apply” button.
Please address your Motivation Letter to Mr. Rani Pinchuk at Space Applications Services NV/SA.