Astronomy Spacecraft Operations Engineer (M/F) - (SOE-SERV-OPS-2017-03-ESOC-004)
We are involved in international manned & unmanned spacecraft programmes, earth observation, science, exploration, communications and related technology development.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be based the European Space Operations Centre (ESOC) in Darmstadt, Germany, supporting the XMM and Integral missions. The primary areas of responsibility for this position are Systems Engineering activities. The SOE will support the Spacecraft Operations Manager as a member of the Flight Control Team.
The position will support following general activities:
• Study of Project specific Characteristics and Ground Segment Documentation
• Preparation of Functional Requirements for the Project dedicated Flight Control Software with emphasis on automation aspects
• Participation in the Analysis and Design of Satellite Operations with emphasis on automation aspects
• Preparation of Functional Requirements for the Project dedicated Flight Control Ground Facilities
• Preparation of Flight Control and Contingency Procedures
• Mission Management and Mission Planning Support
• On-Board Software Maintenance Support
• Production of Project specific Software Validation and Satellite Interface Validation Test (SVT) Procedures, Reports and Participation in SVTs
• Participation in the System Operations Validation Test (SOV), Training and Simulation Programmes
• Participation in Launch and Early Orbit Phase (LEOP) and Mission Critical Operations
• General Flight Control Support
• Spacecraft Performance Analysis.
Qualifications and Experience
Furthermore, candidates are required to have following skills:
• Spacecraft subsystem knowledge (at System level)
• Experience in activities applicable to spacecraft operations
• Fluency in English, both in speech and writing
• Familiarity with MOIS automation, SCOS-2000
• Familiarity with operational simulators, especially the ones based on SimSat
• Familiarity with satellites from the astronomy mission
Candidates are also expected to have following skills:
• Ability to cope with pressure
• Ability to synthesise, summarise and draw conclusions
• Fluency in English
• High level of flexibility
• Ability to work in multicultural teams
• Good organization and communication skills
• A proactive approach, with initiative and ability to work independently
• Problem-solving attitude.
What Do We Offer?
• Working in a growing science and engineering company, with offices in Belgium, the Nertherlands and the USA
• A professional, pleasant atmosphere where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged and with various career growth opportunities
• An interesting compensation package with relocation assistance, if applicable
• A full time employment position.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of a European Blue Card.
We are looking for someone to start as of 1st of May 2017.