Space Applications Services NV/SA performs and supports system and software engineering for the European Space Agency (ESA), National Space Agencies and the aerospace industry. We are involved in international manned & unmanned spacecraft programmes, earth observation, science, exploration, communications and related technology development.We are currently looking for an Accountant, wishing to join our dynamic and international team. The successful candidate will be based in our office in Brussels (Zaventem).
Tasks and Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced Accountant to complete our Administration department (Administration, Accounting, Finance & Controlling, Human Resources, Legal and contracts).
- Monthly Accounts:
- Preparing, checking and booking the expense claims, invoices, credit notes, bank/ credit card statements, investments and payrolls for Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands
- Sanity checks of the bookings and preparation of the potential issues to be reported
- Preparing the monthly VAT and Intra-community Returns
- Filing (paper/electronic) of the supporting documentation according to the company methodology and structure
- Quarterly Accounts:
- Matching/Controlling the bookings of all accounts
- Ensuring consistency in the analytical accounts in coordination with the Project Controller
- Annual Accounts:
- Support the Administration Department Manager for the preparation of the annual closing of the accounts to be provided to the accounting company and the Chartered Auditor
- Finance Administration:
- Completing and submitting the legal financial questionnaires/surveys
- Following-up the existing procedures, forms and manuals and implementation of new ones if applicable
- Support the Administration Department Manager for financial aspects of company cars.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor degree in accounting or equivalent through experience
- 4 to 8 years of professional experience in a similar position
- Affinity with analytical accounting process is a must
- Good knowledge of accounting (BE GAAP preferably, or FR GAAP)
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills combined with a very good eye for detail
- Good skills in Ms Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Winbooks experience is an asset
- Experience in an international environment and a multi-project/ oriented company is preferable
- Experience with the sector or with is a plus.
Candidates are also expected to have following skills:
- Fluent communication skills in English (both written and oral), with French or Dutch as mother tongue
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to adhere to strict standards of confidentiality and to meet deadlines
- Enjoy following proven procedures and making improvements
- Service minded to in-house management and external providers.
What Do We Offer?
- Working in a growing science and engineering company, with offices in Belgium, the Nertherlands and the USA
- A professional, pleasant atmosphere where autonomy and initiatives are encouraged and with various career growth opportunities
- An interesting compensation package with relocation assistance, if applicable
- A full time employment position, with a one year definite contract, followed by an indefinite contract of employment.
How To Apply?
Please apply by filling in the online application form and uploading your CV and Motivation Letter (both in English) on the ‘Careers’ section of our website http://careers.spaceapplications.com/ via the “Apply” button.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible to work in the European Union or in possession of a European Blue Card.
The application deadline is 1st September, 2017. Please address you Motivation Letter to: Mrs. Veronika Horvath.
Job ID: ACCA-ADM-2017-06-ZAV-003
Leuvensesteenweg 325 1932 Zaventem, Belgium
Tel: +32 (0)2 721.54.84 www.spaceapplications.com